Date Added: 7 September 2021
: 23 September 2021
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Marco Longhi MP (Dudley North)
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: Salary in line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Not stated
Marco Longhi MP is looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Office Manager to be based in the constituency office in Dudley. The role is full time (40 hours) over 5 days (includes Saturdays, and some Sundays). This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Dudley North.
This demanding role will involve senior stakeholder engagement in Dudley North and nationally, and you will work closely with Marco to deliver his priorities for constituents. You will be heavily involved in all aspects of Parliamentary life and will have responsibility for coordinating the team's busy workload.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, confident in acting on their own initiative, comfortable leading the team, able to prioritise a busy workload, and able to demonstrate good political nous.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Provide high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP
• Lead a highly professional administrative support function for the MP’s office
• Supervise the office team, including overseeing training and development
• Oversee budgets and keep MP informed of all relevant financial matters
• Plan the MP's internal communications and external stakeholder engagement
• Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, organisations in the constituency and constituents through a variety of methods
• Take ownership of complex casework
• Monitor incoming calls, face to face enquiries, emails and social media enquiries
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Liaise with HoC authorities and external bodies; including Government Ministers and other senior stakeholders
• Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
• Manage the MP’s website and social media presence
• A genuine interest in helping constituents
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Highly motivated, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collectively as part of a small team
• Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
• An interest in current affairs, politics and an understanding of devolved matters
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 September 2021
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with the successful candidate in post ASAP. Due to the senior nature of this role, applicants with previous senior parliamentary or within fastmoving corporate or civil service environment are preferred.
Applicants should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing how they meet the requirements of the role and how they will support Marco in delivering his priorities for constituents.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries, please contact email@example.com