Date Added: 9 September 2021
: 27 September 2021
Job Title: Head of Net Zero
Working For: Onward
Length of Contract: Permanent
Onward is looking for an exceptional candidate to lead our Getting to Zero research programme. The successful candidate will need at least 5 years’ experience writing high quality research, ideally in energy and environment policy, and be able to demonstrate project management experience. They must also be comfortable engaging with and contributing to public policy debates, including through the media, policy events and meetings with MPs and civil servants. The successful candidate would be joining Onward at an important time for the organisation and the Net Zero debate following COP26 this year.
Having launched three years ago, we have quickly established a reputation for rigorous research that gets traction not only in newspapers but in government policy. We pride ourselves on developing policy ideas that are timely, practical to deliver and politically possible.
- Manage a net zero research team, including taking charge of editing research, chairing events, contributing to media and overseeing fundraising.
- Conduct high quality research on energy and environmental policy, with demonstrable experience conducting data-driven analysis.
- Have a strong understanding of modern British politics and the politics surrounding the net zero debate.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the highest levels of government, the media, industry and among the policy community.
- Plan and deliver Onward events, including roundtables, panels, and policy workshops. Produce regular articles for newspapers, websites and other outlets.
- Be confident chairing events and speaking to broadcast media about key energy and environment issues.
Read the full advert on the Onward website: https://www.ukonward.com/we-are-hiring-a-head-of-net-zero/
Closing Date: 27 September 2021
Closing time: 9am
Start Date: Flexible. Ideally by November 2022.
Application details: To apply for this role, please send your CV, a one page cover letter and any relevant published research to firstname.lastname@example.org