Date Added: 9 September 2021
: 23 September 2021
Job Title: Public Relations Graduate Trainee
Working For: Galibier PR
Salary: £20,000 rising to £24,000 after six months
Length of Contract: Permanent
Galibier is a rapidly growing name on the Manchester pr agency scene, and is already punching above its weight with some massive clients on its books and a pipeline to match.
The agency specialises in applying its big creativity and personality towards the technical, political and corporate end of the Public Relations market, working with clients in sectors including tech, education & skills, the built environment, professional and financial services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, committed, enthusiastic and confident personality to play a key part in this PR agency’s continuing success.
You will be expected to take the initiative working with autonomy and imagination in a creative environment for this small company on a big stage. Above all else, key to this role is building and nurturing healthy and lasting relationships. That means consistently managing and delivering on expectations – not reporting by spreadsheet.
Overview of key duties and responsibilities:
• Taking a brief from the client and producing a creative action plan aimed at achieving their goals.
• Producing written work such as press releases, articles and other content
• Media relations, dealing with journalists, policy makers and other stakeholder
• Presenting to clients in a clear, confident, understandable and professional manner.
• Close liaison with the client throughout each campaign.
• Conducting relevant market research and insight.
• Monitoring of progress and evaluation of results.
• Establishing credibility and being a friendly and professional ambassador for the PR agency at all times.
• Supporting Galibier’s frontline team.
Skills and Qualifications required:
• A demonstrable understanding of the Public Relations function.
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
• Genuine interest in current affairs and news.
• An intelligent, research-driven approach.
• Energy, positivity, ambition and enthusiasm.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A creative and innovative brain. Not afraid to voice new ideas.
• Experience (desirable) gained in a similar fast-paced creative PR agency, in-house communications department or editorial role.
• Excellent media relations skills.
Closing Date: 23 September 2021
Interviews to take place week begininning 27th September with a starting date from October 2021.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter outlining their suitability for the role and why they want to work for Galibier PR to email@example.com
The graduate trainee role is a full-time position, Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm.
For an informal chat about the opportunity please contact James on 0161 302 0674.