Date Added: 8 September 2021
: 26 September 2021
Job Title: Campaign Organiser / Communication Officer
Working For: Cambridge Labour Party / MP
Salary: £27,581 including Fixed Sum Allowance
Length of Contract: Initially until 2nd June 2023
The position is Campaign Organiser - Cambridge Labour Party (4 days a week) and Communications Officer - Daniel Zeichner MP (1 day a week)
Cambridge Labour Party aim of One Cambridge Fair for All has helped win Cambridge City Council, jointly running Cambridgeshire County Council, a Labour Mayor for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority and a Labour MP
Key Responsibilities include
- Lead and organise Cambridge Labour as a campaigning organisation for all elections
- Work with the Labour leaders and Cambridge Labour Party to develop and deliver the agreed campaign strategies and level of activity
- Plan and project manage campaigns and elections to maximise the effectiveness of Cambridge Labour Party within the agreed budget
- Ensure that the Party’s campaigning messages are effectively communicated by canvassing, regular newsletters, website updates and social media etc
- Work closely with Cambridge and Branch Officers and with councillors, candidates, activists and volunteers to motivate and organise a strong campaigning team within wards including a high level of direct contact with electors.
- To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter id (doorstep / phone), registration and postal votes.
- Ensure regular newsletters are delivered including the design of templates and where necessary providing content to support campaign priorities
- Create a strong working relationship with the Labour groups, Combined Authority Mayor and the MP to ensure campaigns reflect their priorities.
- Manage the campaigning activities within the central Labour Party office to ensure production of newsletters and direct mail
- To be the agent for all elections in Cambridge
Full Job Description www.cambridgelabour.org.uk/campaign-organiser/
- Organise events in the constituency to discuss issues of concern with residents
- Update and maintain MP’s website
- Write columns for newspapers and press releases about parliamentary issues
- Publicise the MP's parliamentary duties
- Attend MP's surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Research local issues to support the MPs work
- Respond to constituents’ letters/emails on policy issues
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
Interview Date Saturday 2nd October. Start date will be as soon as possible.
Applications should consist of a one page covering letter and a comprehensive CV.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
For an informal discussion please contact CLP Chair Mike Sargeant on 07952 533251 firstname.lastname@example.org