Date Added: 10 September 2021
: 26 September 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Laurence Robertson MP (Tewkesbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales.
Length of Contract: Permanent
Laurence Robertson, Member of Parliament for Tewkesbury, is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working Parliamentary Assistant to join his Westminster team.
The ideal candidate will have some Parliamentary experience, or at least be familiar with the workings of Parliament and the roles and responsibilities of an MP and their staff. Knowledge of the local area is also desirable.
Skills and values:
- Hard working, good under pressure, well organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about politics and delivering positive improvements for the people of Tewkesbury.
- Proven and adaptable writing skills with excellent spelling and grammar.
- A team player, willing to help other colleagues when necessary.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responding quickly and accurately to routine enquiries from members of the public.
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate. Assist with arranging events in Parliament.
- Undertaking basic research and project work.
- Providing general admin support.
- Monitor social media activity and report back any trends to the MP.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
Interviews will likely take place in London. We may appoint before the closing date should the ideal candidate be found.
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than a page to email@example.com