Date Added: 10 September 2021
: 20 September 2021
Job Title: Campaign Organiser
Working For: Harrogate & Knaresborough Liberal Democrats
Location: Harrogate & Knaresborough
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Until 31st May 2022 (possibility to extend)
Harrogate and Knaresborough Liberal Democrats are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can manage a team of volunteers and build campaigning capacity in the constituency.
Help smash the blue wall! Harrogate and Knaresborugh could be the seat that deprives the Tories of their majority. We are looking for someone who will help build the local party into an election winning machine in time for the next General Election.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering the campaign plan.
- Building campaigning and organisational capacity – including recruiting members, donors, deliverers and poster sites.
- Building and managing a team of volunteers to oversee all aspects of capacity building and campaigning.
- Designing and delivering an ongoing programme of doorstep communication with voters.
- Assisting with the production, print, and coordination of delivery of campaign literature.
- Maintaining relevant databases e.g. deliverers, donors, poster sites etc.
- Organising events e.g. action days, social events, etc.
- Attending relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required.
- Exceptional personal organisation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, mobilise and manage volunteers.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and able to manage own workload.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathy with the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
- Experience of delivering effective Liberal Democrat campaigns.
- Experience of Liberal Democrat software and databases (e.g. NationBuilder and NGP VAN Connect)
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
The Party believes it is essential to foster equity, equality, diversion and inclusion within our workforce. We want our employees to thrive in an environment where everyone is welcome and supported to achieve their potential. It is important to celebrate what makes us unique and that you feel valued, appreciated and free to be who you are.
Closing Date: 20 September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 21st September. Interviews via Zoom will commencing the week of 4th October.
Please email a CV and covering letter to constituency chair David Goode at firstname.lastname@example.org