Date Added: 10 September 2021
: 10 October 2021
Job Title: Press Officer
Working For: SNP Westminster Group
Salary: Dependent on experience and in line with the pay scale for Press Officer (£26,912 to £37,408).
Length of Contract: Permanent
Based in Westminster, the Press Officer will be operating in a fast-paced political environment at the heart of the SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in promoting the work of SNP MPs through print, online and broadcast media.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft press releases, articles and comment on political issues
- Respond to media enquiries
- Monitor media coverage
- Arrange and attend media interviews with SNP MPs
- Meet journalists and foster good relations with the media
- Brief national media on behalf of SNP MPs
- Support MPs to develop press stories and campaigns
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with broadcast media and brief MPs for media appearances
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Attention to detail, including proofreading skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, respond quickly to developing events, produce accurate information, and draft press lines within tight time scales.
- Ability to plan and organise your time and resources effectively
- Sound political judgement and the ability to identify appropriate issues and lines for media coverage
- Experience of promoting news stories and setting the media agenda
- Experience of developing and communicating consistent messages across a range of formats
- Must be able to work well within a small team and independently, and to respond flexibly and creatively to a range of requests
- Willingness to work flexible hours in line with the parliamentary timetable – some weekend and evening work will be required
- Applicants must have a firm knowledge of the SNP, Scottish politics, the UK’s political and parliamentary systems, and an understanding of the UK/Scottish media
Closing Date: 10 October 2021
Application Details: Applicants should complete and send the application form to email@example.com by 23:59 (GMT)
Download Application Form from the SNP website (https://www.snp.org/jobs/press-officer-for-the-snp-westminster-group-2/). Applicants should put “Press Officer” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.