Date Added: 11 September 2021
: 26 September 2021
Job Title: Administration and Communications Officer
Working For: Virendra Sharma MP (Ealing, Southall)
Length of Contract: Maternity Cover
Constituency Engagement - Event support
- Support constituency-based, Parliamentary, or online events that engage with or support a wide variety of local or national campaigns and policy issues. This includes compiling attendee lists, sending invitations, communicating with speakers, creating social media graphics, liaising with community groups, and other stakeholders, and monitoring promotion of events on social media.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders for the event and manage correspondence related to the event. Arrange briefings with relevant stakeholders ahead of the events to ensure effective management on the day.
- Assist on the day of the event, in person or online. You will be expected to carry out the technical and other related support tasks on the day.
- Update social media pages accordingly and support the production of press content to be sent out to media contacts as well as any related post event tasks
Social Media Content
- Produce and edit video content for key campaigns and policy matters
- Monitor Parliamentary contributions and update the social media pages accordingly with the video content in a timely manner
Casework and General support
- Answer and log calls on the constituency and Parliamentary phone lines during office hours
- Monitor casework calls and take basic information from callers, and share this with the casework team
- Identify urgent calls and pass them to the appropriate team member
- Update caseworker.mp (training provided) accordingly
- Schedule weekly surgery appointments by liaising with the team
- Attend events with the Member in the Constituency
There will be a requirement for the role holder to sometimes work outside normal working hours, time off in lieu will be provided.
This role will require some in person work, inlcuding in the constituency, and will offer some working from home flexibility.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
Start date 1st November
Interviews w/c 27th September - virtual.
2 page CV and 1 page covering letter.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Administration and Communications Officer in the email subject line.
If you wish to discuss the role please email the above address and we will arrange a time to speak.
Please note if you do not hear from us by 4th October you have not been successful in your application.