Date Added: 11 September 2021
: 15 October 2021
Job Title: Policy Adviser
Working For: Embassy of Israel
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Embassy of Israel in London is seeking a Policy Adviser to serve its Ambassador. This is an exciting and fast-paced role, and the successful candidate will be expected to offer expertise on issues in British public life, lead the writing of high-quality prose, and provide vital research to support Israel’s diplomatic objectives.
If you thrive under pressure, enjoy interacting across cultures and with a wide range of groups, and personally appreciate the values upon which Israel was founded and our partnership with the UK, then you will find this challenging role immensely rewarding.
To succeed, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Impeccable English and the written flair to author compelling and accurate speeches, briefings, articles and high-level correspondence against the tightest of deadlines
- Exceptional research abilities, the judgement and strategic mind to navigate political and media sensitivities, and an avid appreciation of British and Israeli politics and history
- Creativity and imagination to contribute to communications campaigns and programmes, and the technical skills to help deliver impactful content on a range of social media platforms
- Strong stakeholder management skills, the confidence to interface with high-profile officials, and the agility to respond to competing priorities
- The ability to provide trusted counsel with integrity and discretion, together with leadership qualities and tactfulness to help ensure that the Embassy’s strategic objectives are delivered
Though not essential, you will likely have worked for a high profile principal previously, or have other demonstrable political, media or academic experience. You will be expected to support your own development, which will also be furthered by exposure to a wide variety of political, diplomatic, media and cultural initiatives.
A minimum probationary period of six months applies. Employees of the Embassy have access to range of benefits. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 15 October 2021
Interviews to commence as soon as possible. Please note that we may look to appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants are requested to email the following to email@example.com - CV (maximum 2 pages) - Cover letter (maximum 1 page) - Portfolio (3 examples of your finest written work, maximum 6 pages)
Candidates will be sifted in the above order, and the Embassy reserves the right to close this role if it is filled before the deadline. All documents must be supplied in PDF format.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only be contacting those candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage of the process.