Date Added: 11 September 2021
: 24 September 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Andrew Bowie MP (West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine)
Salary: In Line with IPSA Pay Scales
Length of Contract: 12 months
Andrew Bowie MP is recruiting an enthusiastic, well organised and hard-working Parliamentary Assistant to join his Westminster office.
- Undertake research in support of the MP’s parliamentary activities.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of the MP as required.
- Monitor parliamentary business and future programme.
- Research and draft replies to policy correspondence.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/abilities:
- Previous experience of working in Parliament.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong research and IT skills.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 September 2021
Interviews will be held in Westminster during the week beginning Monday 27th September. The successful applicant will be asked to start work from the week commencing 11th October.
Applicants are to send their CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to the following email: email@example.com