Date Added: 13 September 2021
: 3 October 2021
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Valerie Vaz MP (Walsall South)
Salary: Within IPSA pay band
Length of Contract: Permanent
Rt Hon Valerie Vaz MP wishes to appoint a Constituency Assistant to support her work in Walsall South on a wide range of casework and constituency issues.
Brief summary of key responsibilities:
- Dealing with individual casework ensuring active management and progress
- Gather relevant information and draft written responses
- Assist with active engagement and communication on constituency issues
- Assist with constituency surgeries and meetings
- Database management
- Produce press releases on casework related matters and monitor local media
Candidates should have:
- Efficient inter-personal and communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to write succinctly and confidently
- Good organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to meet tight deadlines
- An ability to deal with constituents confidentially in a helpful, sympathetic and sensitive manner
- An ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and IT generally
Candidates will also be expected to be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and show an interest in current affairs.
The postholder may also be required to work outside normal office hours and undertake travel to the constituency when required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 October 2021
Interviews will be held as and when suitable candidates apply. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and a covering letter (max. 500 words) detailing your suitability for the job.
Please ensure that you include contact details for two referees, preferably one of whom should be able to provide an academic reference.