Date Added: 14 September 2021
: 30 September 2021
Job Title: Organising Secretary
Working For: Edinburgh Conservatives
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Edinburgh Conservative and Unionist Association is recruiting for the full-time position of Organising Secretary.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for: providing campaigning support for MSPs and Councillors; fundraising; maintaining membership records; and office administration.
We are seeking an experienced enthusiastic, well-organised, computer-literate self-starter and team player, who is able to work efficiently in a voluntary environment. The successful application should be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide-range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role. Strong social media and digital skills would be advantageous.
The varied role of Organising Secretary includes responsibility for the following:
- Building the profile of the Party and candidates locally
- Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with elected representatives
- Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams
- Basic office administration and providing secretarial support for the Association
- Ensuring membership records are kept up-to-date
- Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organising high-profile political meetings and events
- Co-ordinating a comprehensive fundraising programme and keeping records of funds
- Building and expanding delivery networks
- Maintaining and expanding a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Writing association literature, such as a regular members’ bulletin
A Campaign Manager must:
- Be a self-starter
- Be well organised, professional and punctual
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent computer skills
- Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
- Be able to work as part of a team
The successful applicant will be based in our Edinburgh office full-time. It is essential that applicants are able to have a flexible approach to their work and hours, to ensure that the varied needs of the Association, elected representatives, and candidates can be met. The successful applicant should have a full, clean driving licence and access to a car.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short covering letter (no more than one side of A4) explaining your interest in the position and why you would be well suited to the role. Please put in the subject line of your email: Organising Secretary Application
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.