Date Added: 14 September 2021
: 3 October 2021
Job Title: Campaign Organiser
Working For: Hull Liberal Democrats
Length of Contract: Fixed term until May 31st 2022, with the possibility of extension by mutual agreement.
Hull Liberal Democrats are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can manage a team of volunteers and build campaigning capacity in Hull.
Hull Liberal Democrats are on the verge of taking control of the City Council. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the work to deliver campaign activity, and build the infrastructure and organisation necessary to help achieve this goal.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering the campaign plan
- Building campaigning and organisational capacity – including recruiting members, donors, deliverers and poster sites.
- Building and managing a team of volunteers to oversee all aspects of capacity building and campaigning.
- Designing and delivering an ongoing programme of doorstep communication with voters.
- Assisting with the production, print, and coordination of delivery of campaign literature.
- Maintaining relevant databases e.g. deliverers, donors, poster sites etc.
- Organising events e.g. action days, social events, etc.
- Attending relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required.
Specification: The following criteria are considered essential:
- Exceptional personal organisation.
- Ability to multi-task.Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, mobilise and manage volunteers.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and able to manage own workload.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathy with the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
The following criteria are considered desirable:
- Experience of delivering effective Liberal Democrat campaigns.
- Experience of Liberal Democrat software and databases (e.g, NationBuilder & Connect)
Closing Date: 3 October 2021
Interviews are scheduled, at this stage, to take place on October 8th.
Please send a CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of a4) to email@example.com . If you would prefer us not to contact your references in advance of the interview, please indicate this in your application.