Date Added: 13 September 2021
: 11 October 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon David Davis MP (Haltemprice and Howden)
Salary: Pay scale in line with IPSA
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Rt. Hon. David Davis MP seeks a Parliamentary Assistant to join his Westminster office. The position will involve parliamentary research and data analysis.
The role would suit a hardworking and enthusiastic individual comfortable with statistical analysis and data work, and with qualifications or background in data analysis, statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitively based subjects.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Data and policy analysis.
- Completing research projects on a wide variety of topics, with a focus on data and statistics.
- Assisting with the drafting of speeches, articles and parliamentary contributions.
- Monitoring media and press.
- Researching across a range of local and national political issues to produce comprehensive briefings to tight deadlines.
- Some constituency casework.
- Conducting and maintaining general correspondence and general office administration.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current Parliamentary business.
- Experience of working with, analysing and presenting data.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in quantitative data analysis and have good familiarity with spreadsheets.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment is essential.
We are looking for a confident individual who will be proficient at working to tight deadlines and managing their time efficiently. An awareness and interest in the political interests of Mr Davis would be beneficial. Previous experience of working in Parliament would be useful, but by no means necessary.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 October 2021
Interviews will be conducted in Westminster in the weeks following 11 October.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “David Davis Parliamentary Assistant Job Application”