Date Added: 1 October 2021
: 22 October 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Neil O'Brien MP (Harborough, Oadby and Wigston)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Initial 12-month FTC, leading to permanent
Neil O’Brien MP is seeking a well organised and highly motivated individual to take on the role of Caseworker based in his Harborough Constituency Office.
The job description includes, but is not limited to:
• Corresponding with constituents on casework and policy casework matters.
• Providing information, advice and support for individuals on a range of issues including immigration, housing, benefits and other social issues.
• Liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve problems.
• Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively over the telephone.
• Attending MP’s surgeries both in Constituency Office and around Harborough.
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on local issues and relevant guidelines/legislation
• Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, adhering to GDPR and confidentiality of data.
• Competent use of IT including casework management systems
• Assisting the MP with other Parliamentary duties including organising and attending visits and liaising with the media and working with social media.
• Monitoring media coverage, liaise with media and prepare press releases when required
• Providing relevant briefings on a range of local and/or national matters.
• Assisting with the work of other colleagues as required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise writing style.
• Good knowledge of key social policy issues.
• Confidence in speaking to people at all levels and maintaining confidentiality.
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Strong communication and IT skills (including social media).
• A methodical approach to record keeping.
• Ability to work proactively and independently as part of a small team.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the Conservative Party aims and policies.
The role may also require some flexibility on hours and occasional evenings (by arrangement in advance).
Ability to drive and access to a car is essential in order to fulfil this role.
While the preferred location for this role is in the constituency, London will be considered.
This role could either be full-time or part-time based on your circumstances.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 October 2021
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview in November 2021.
Start date: As soon as possible thereafter
Candidates should send an email attaching a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Caseworker Application - <firstname surname>’ as the subject.
Detail any notice period, and ensure all documents associated with your application include your full name in the document title.
Candidates will be notified via email if they have been shortlisted for interview. Due to the high volume of expected applications, we shall only be able to provide feedback to those candidates who have been shortlisted.