Date Added: 14 October 2021
: 29 October 2021
Job Title: Office Administrator
Working For: Bob Blackman MP (Harrow East)
Salary: In Line with IPSA Pay scales
Length of Contract: Negotiable Fixed Term
This is a full-time position based in Mr Blackman’s local office which is located in Zone 5 near to an Overground station.
Bob Blackman, MP is looking to hire a new member of staff based in his office in Harrow East, who will be amazingly well organised, have a can-do attitude, high attention to detail, and can be flexible and creative when it comes to managing a demanding workload. Previous employment working for an MP or in government / politics is not expected. A positive attitude, willingness to roll up your sleeves will make you a perfect fit for our tight-knit and friendly team and is more important than previous experience.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting our caseworker and keeping track of our filing system.
• Providing administrative assistance in relation to questionnaires, letters or other forms of communication.
• Providing support for Mr Blackman and his staff, as required, in relation to giving tours of Parliament.
• Assisting with office administration as directed by the Office Manager.
Priority will be given to applicants from the constituency or surrounding areas.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Some knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to work as part of a small team in an office environment.
• Ability to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 October 2021
The start date will be by arrangement after discussion. Interviews will take place after 29th October 2021
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter, of not more than one page each, to Nicola Blackman via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org