We’re on a mission to build the UK’s finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain’s potential. We’re connecting communities, boosting businesses and giving everyone access to superfast broadband. We’re also changing up the industry - we might be growing fast but we still behave like a start-up, with an open and inclusive environment where people can be themselves, speak up and make time for what matters.
How can you change it up?
As our Public Affairs Officer, you will produce clear and concise written briefings on various issues that are affecting the success of CityFibre which will need assistance from the Government to be solved. You will be ensuring that different departments of the business work together efficiently. To support this, you will also be planning and delivering a series of parliamentary events alongside the rest of the team. You will also:
- Leading political and parliamentary monitoring, stakeholder mapping and horizon-scanning, pro-actively identifying opportunities and risks
- Supporting colleagues in advising CityFibre’s Executive Team and Board on public affairs issues
We are looking for someone who has at least a year of experience working in politics or public affairs, either in Parliament, in-house or for an agency. Whilst it is desirable that you have knowledge or experience of the telecommunications industry, it is not essential. In addition to this, you will need:
- Excellent understanding of Parliament, Whitehall, devolved governments, and politics in general
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being able to present complex issues clearly
- Strong relationship-building skills to develop relations with both external and internal stakeholders
Our unique culture
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we’re united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we’re passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.