Date Added: 13 November 2021
: 14 November 2021
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP (West Suffolk)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Matt Hancock, MP for West Suffolk, is looking to recruit a Communications Officer who will be primarily focused on communications activity. The successful applicant will need to be able to undertake media and press activities, design and create content for social media, as well as assist with wider communications activities and assist the wider parliamentary and constituency team. The role will be based in the Westminster office.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
· Event planning and logistics, agreeing event communications and occasionally helping to facilitate an event
· Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency
· Follow up on social media queries and comments
· Pro-active and re-active communications with all media including fielding requests and advising on requests
· Provide generalist admin support
· Responsible for social media strategy and engagement
· There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
Capabilities and qualities required
· Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a busy and diverse workload, with a high attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure with sound judgment
· Personal initiative and a proactive work ethic
· Personable and able to work as part of a small, fast-paced team
· Self-motivation and confidence in dealing with senior figures
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 November 2021
An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found. Interviews likely to be held w/c 15 November. The successful candidate would be expected to start ideally on 24 November.
Please send CV and a maximum one-page covering letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role to Matt Hancock MP, email firstname.lastname@example.org In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Communications Officer for Matt Hancock MP’
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by 18 November, please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.