Date Added: 15 November 2021
: 15 January 2022
Job Title: Policy Researcher and Podcast Producer for Reasons to be Cheerful
Working For: Reasons to be Cheerful with Ed Miliband
Salary: £31k p/a
Length of Contract: Permanent
Reasons to be Cheerful is a podcast about ideas to fix the world. Former Labour Party leader Ed Miliband and award-winning radio host Geoff Lloyd talk to smart thinkers from around the world to unearth bold ideas to create a better society.
We are looking for a podcast producer and policy researcher who can help us find new topics and exciting policy ideas for our weekly podcast. Think big-picture, society-changing, paradigm-shifting ideas.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of public policy and politics in the UK and around the world and will be keen to explore a wide range of themes. We try to find the best speakers on a topic, not just the well-known, and present complex ideas in an engaging and accessible way.
You will have excellent policy research and communication skills along with strong attention to detail and sound political judgement. Highly self-motivated, you will be equally comfortable working autonomously and with the wider podcast team.
- In depth research into potential topics and guests
- Coordinating weekly podcast recording sessions including booking guests, managing schedule and supporting hosts
- Writing high-quality briefings for each episode summarising key research, debates and case studies relevant to the policy area
- Developing interview themes and written introductions to the topics and guests
- Contributing to episode editing and the wider podcast production process
- Organising podcast live shows including liaising with venues and booking guests
- Extensive knowledge of policy and politics in the UK and around the world
- Strong research background with an ability to understand and communicate information from a variety of sources
- Creative thinker with a passion for exploring new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as coordinate guests and wider team during recording sessions
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders and networking across a range of fields
- Sound political judgement and a commitment to the aims of the podcast
- Podcast/radio experience (desirable)
The role is mostly home-based, but the successful candidate must be able to attend podcast recording sessions in London and live shows where appropriate.
Weekend work will be required.
Closing Date: 15 January 2022
Interview and start dates: ASAP
To apply, please send a CV and 2-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.