As Public Affairs Manager, you will fulfil an essential role as an advocate for London Stansted Airport, engaging the Government and Parliamentarians on business-critical policy issues from zero carbon growth, to transport connectivity, to promoting its role as an international gateway to the East of England.
Typical duties include (but not limited to):
- Managing Stansted’s day to day stakeholder engagement activity, including key workstreams and campaigns designed to reinforce our commercial priorities.
- Producing and delivering key materials for regional and airport stakeholders, ranging from private briefings to regular policy updates
- You will manage your own key relationships throughout the region, helping influencers understand our policy priorities and values.
You will support the Head of Public Affairs in creating and driving high-quality stakeholder engagement programmes and campaigns that showcase the airport’s values and assets, such as Stansted Airport College.
The ideal candidate will:
- Show a strong track record as a self-starting and highly motivated colleague with experience in Public Affairs.
- Have a good grasp of policy
- Enjoy strong advocacy skills, representing London Stansted in meetings with MPs and at key external events; and your first-rate relationship-building skills will help us spread our influence right throughout the catchment, from North London to Norwich, through Essex and Cambridgeshire.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
Prior knowledge of or work experience in aviation or transport policy is not a requirement for the role. The priority is candidates with a highly proactive attitude and willingness to learn.
The role will be based at London Stansted Airport, with some travel between MAG’s airports, and time spent at our central London office and in Westminster.
What we Offer:
• Flexible working approach for a better work/ life balance
• Strong base salary (on experience) + CC pension
• 24 days Holiday entitlement + bank holidays (plus the ability to buy more)
Equal Opportunities: MAG is a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business.
18/12/2021 - Closing date extended.