Date Added: 25 November 2021
: 4 December 2021
Job Title: Correspondence Officer
Working For: CCHQ
Length of Contract: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive team player to join the Office of the Conservative Party Chairman. We are looking for someone who may have recently graduated or is looking to start a career working in a fast-paced political office, supporting the Chairman and his core team.
You will work with both Ministers and Members of Parliament which will allow you to gain exposure across the Party.
• Writing high quality and accurate responses to letters and e-mails on behalf of the Chairmen, the Deputy Chairmen and Vice Chairmen.
• Managing the Chairmen’s office inbox and responsibility for ensuring all enquiries responded to in a timely manner
• Filing and keeping up-to-date records of the Chairmen’s correspondence.
• Assisting with answering the phone and dealing with queries.
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
• Assisting other members of the Chairmen’s office with projects, events/tours and briefings as required, and providing ad-hoc office support to the Chairmen and the wider team
Your professional experience:
• Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail
• The ability to prioritise workloads effectively, and work well under pressure within a busy political office
• A strong, pro-active work ethic
• Strong communication skills, able to effectively work with senior CCHQ employees, Ministers, Members of Parliament, and Conservative Party volunteers
• Strong political knowledge, understanding and judgment
• A commitment to the Conservative Party's aims and values
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Experience of working or volunteering in UK politics
• A willingness to travel occasionally
Closing Date: 4 December 2021
Please apply via our recruitment site - https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/cchq/vms/e/careers/search/new
26/11/2021 - Location amended from London to Leeds