Date Added: 25 November 2021
: 2 December 2021
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Ben Bradshaw MP (Exeter)
Salary: In Line With IPSA Pay Scales (Expected starting salary £25,500)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Ben Bradshaw MP is looking to appoint a full-time Researcher in his Westminster office to support him in his parliamentary duties.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and a clear knowledge of Parliament and issues affecting the Exeter constituency.
- Undertake detailed research on a wide variety of policy issues
- Provide clear and concise briefings to the Member
- Respond to routine policy correspondence and enquiries
- Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, email and face to face
- Maintain efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with data protection legislation
- Attend and participate in meetings with or on behalf of the Member
- Monitor local, regional and national media coverage and brief the Member on relevant issues
- Supervise interns as required
- Attention to detail and strong organisation and administrative skills
- Previous experience of polite and professional communication with members of the public
- Proven ability to produce concise documents based on detailed research
- Good understanding of all common workplace IT programmes eg; Word, Outlook
- Strong team player who has also proved able to take initiative and work independently
- Experience of supervising others in a professional or other team environment
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Knowledge of parliamentary procedures
- Understanding of the issues affecting the Exeter constituency
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 December 2021
Applications will close at noon on the closing date. Interviews will take place virtually week commencing 6th December. Shortlisted candidates will also be asked to complete a written task. Start date early January.
Please submit your application in the form of a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you have any queries or would like more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.