Date Added: 25 November 2021
: 13 December 2021
Job Title: Stakeholder and Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Keeble Brown
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Keeble Brown is a SME public affairs and communications agency with a strength in media, stakeholder relations and communications around placemaking and regeneration. Our clients expect us to bring talent, expertise and insight. To do this we rely on the efforts of our tight-knit team – our people are our most valuable assets.
If you are passionate, talented, motivated and ambitious with a genuine interest in current affairs and PR, then we would like to hear from you!
As Stakeholder and Public Affairs Executive, you will:
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including national and local politicians, policy advisors and civil servants, as well as community representatives
- Assist with client relations, helping to keep clients informed and updated. This will involve face-to-face and virtual meetings as well as written reports
- Draft a range of written communications materials to a high standard, such as letters, briefing notes, blogs and newsletters
- Monitor and analyse key developments and trends across UK politics and the wider built environment sector
- Attend and support the running of client events, including drafting supporting materials such as briefings, agendas and minutes
- Play an active role in helping the company to secure new business and grow
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong interest in and understanding of the UK political and media landscape
- Be a team player, willing to pitch in and help colleagues when required
- Possess exceptional written communication skills, with a strong grasp of the English language
- Be confident in managing and taking ownership of tasks, often working to competing deadlines across multiple projects
- Be a ‘people person’, able to confidently communicate with a diverse range of people
- Possess strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft 365, WordPress and video conferencing software
- Be able to attend face-to-face meetings, client sites and coworking spaces across London and the South-East
Salary and benefits:
- Flexible hybrid working policy, with time split between working remotely and from a London-based office
- Regular team training and social events
Closing Date: 13 December 2021
Interviews will commence as soon as possible and we may appoint before the closing date if we find the right candidate. We therefore encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a short (no more than 300 words) piece of writing. Please choose either:
A) Using a recent news story about the UK rail industry, draft a briefing note for a hypothetical client summarising the key points and explaining what it shows about the media's interest in the politics of UK transport policy.
B) Using a recent news story relating to the housing sector, draft an engaging but insightful LinkedIn post. This should either be on behalf of a hypothetical client or Keeble Brown.