Date Added: 26 November 2021
: 25 January 2022
Job Title: Consultant – Corporate (Public affairs)
Working For: Portland Communications
Length of Contract: Permanent
Are you passionate about politics and developing policy?
Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways to political and media audiences alike?
Do you enjoy the idea of coming up with exciting campaigns to shape the policy landscape?
Are you an excellent project manager with the ability to motivate teams to work together and achieve their best?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking a Consultant to join our UK-focused team to work on our public affairs and policy accounts. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to their consumers.
Often, this will require you to work both independently, and as part of a team.
Ideally, you will have at least three to four years’ experience, gained either in-house or within an agency. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven with an excellent understanding of the political, policy and public affairs landscape.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in policy, regulation and advocacy, and/or experience working with devolved administrations.
- Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive political engagement strategies and campaigns;
- Drafting a range of materials from online articles and copy to briefings and policy notes
- Coordinating, managing and undertaking political monitoring and political engagement
- Organising and coordinating set piece events and running campaigns
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Managing multi-disciplinary client teams
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches;
- Ensuring the successful day to day delivery of public affairs and advocacy plans;
- Building a relevant network;
- Supporting the growth of the business through marketing activity
Closing Date: 25 January 2022
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Brussels, Paris, Berlin, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns that help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.