Date Added: 11 December 2021
: 15 January 2022
Job Title: Account Director (Corporate Affairs - Energy)
Working For: Helmsley Partners
Salary: Dependent on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
We’re a small, specialist consultancy. This person will take a leading role on media relations for an energy sector client, as well as working proactively to grow our own business. It’s a rare opportunity to make a big impact in a small firm, with great promotion opportunities as a result.
- Work within a small team to support clients with media relations.
- Act as day-to-day account lead and drive a strategy around an important renewable energy technology, working closely with colleagues who are focused on political engagement.
- Deliver tactical results in media relations on a day-to-day basis, including rapid response to enquiries.
- Be a key driver in new business development for Helmsley Partners.
- Build strong working relationships with journalists and others on behalf of Helmsley and our clients.
- Work closely with senior colleagues and manage junior team members, including those with non-media backgrounds.
- Confidence: You'll be the media lead on a key account, so you need to be authoritative and confident when engaging with people inside and outside the company.
- Intelligence: We need someone who can grasp complex issues and think creatively, likely with a university degree to demonstrate strong intellectual ability, or work experience that does the same.
- Experience: 5-10 years in corporate relations (agency or in-house, or as a journalist) with experience in a highly regulated sector.
- Writing excellence: Writing and presentation skills are essential in this role. You must be able to produce and present high quality materials.
- Entrepreneurialism: We’re looking for someone who’ll take a proactive role in new business development.
- Ambition: You’ll have the chance to work on things that you wouldn’t elsewhere, and we’ll promote you quickly if you can rise to the challenge.
- Diligence: We need someone who’s hard working, has attention to detail and can take the initiative to support clients.
- New perspectives: We’re actively looking to build a diverse team.
- A competitive salary.
- Bonuses based on performance.
- 25 days’ holiday. You’ll also get your birthday off and half a day extra before or after each bank holiday (to help you get ahead of the bank holiday crowds).
- Flexibility in your working week.
- Investment in training.
Closing Date: 15 January 2022
Start Date: ASAP
We might appoint before the closing date if we find the right person, so please don't delay.
Please send a CV and short cover letter (no more than 400 words) to email@example.com.