Date Added: 14 December 2021
: 17 January 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Peter Gibson MP (Darlington)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Fixed Term
Peter Gibson, Member of Parliament for Darlington is looking to recruit a full-time Caseworker to join his team. The position will be based at his Constituency Office in Darlington.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, empathetic, enthusiastic, and highly organised. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, as well as good IT and time management skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public via telephone, email and in person
- Draft and progress constituent casework responses as required with the ability to prioritise time sensitive cases
- Attend constituency surgery appointments and other meetings or events as required
- Liaise with various stakeholders (Local & National Government bodies and other organisations) to assist in the resolution of constituent cases and obtain information on Peter’s behalf
- General administrative tasks – photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Have a passion for providing outstanding customer service
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office Packages
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2022
Successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview accordingly.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a short covering letter to Peter via email@example.com
4/1/22: closing date amended to 17 Jan