Date Added: 18 December 2021
: 21 January 2022
Job Title: Support Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Robert Halfon MP (Harlow)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (Part Time)
Length of Contract: 6 Month Fixed-Term
Robert Halfon MP is looking for a part-time Support Officer to join his busy team across Westminster and the constituency on a six-month fixed-term basis. The successful applicant would be able to work 3 days/week (flexible). This role would be suitable to supplement part-time work for another MP.
The successful applicant will provide support to Robert and his team by spending their time responding to constituent queries and campaign emails, logging and assisting with casework, and other administrative tasks as directed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working for an MP in Parliament, be able to demonstrate strong understanding about the Harlow constituency, and be able to demonstrate the following skills/characteristics:
• Excellent organisation and time-management skills, with an ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced political environment
• Experience using Google software and casework management systems (e.g. Caseworker) to log and respond to constituent emails
• High-quality research and writing skills, excellent attention to detail
• Interest in politics, current affairs and sympathy with values and aims of the Conservative party
• Responding to a high volume of constituents’ emails and correspondence, including general queries, Covid-19 advice and policy campaign emails
• Assisting with casework, ensuring all cases are logged, progress monitored and all identified actions taken, confidentially, efficiently and accurately.
• Draft correspondence to/liaise with constituents, Ministers, local authorities and other organisations
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Government legislation and policy relevant to campaign emails and casework
• Retain records and case information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 January 2022
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. If a successful candidate is found, they will be appointed before the closing date.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org