Date Added: 18 December 2021
: 1 February 2022
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Working For: Shrewsbury Town Liberal Democrats
Salary: £22,000 pro-rata (2 days per week)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Managed by: Shrewsbury Liberal Democrats
This role would be as a personal assistant to the Shrewsbury Town Liberal Democrat Council group, largely assisting one ward as well as the general administration. You will have the opportunity to work with experienced and new Councillors and campaigners alike, as we seek to communicate with our communities and work hard all year round for them.
The ideal candidate is well organised and has a good understanding of local government and politics.
• answering calls and liaising with residents and Councillor contacts competently,
• reading, monitoring and responding to the manager & email,
• work to help the Shrewsbury Liberal Democrats raise money and campaign effectively,
• preliminary drafting of correspondence on the manager's behalf,
• delegating work in the manager's absence,
• diary management & planning and organising meetings,
• organisation of diary/activities & travel, when required
• taking action points and writing minutes,
• preparing papers for meetings,
• taking dictation,
• planning and organising events,
• improving office systems
• conducting research,
• preparing presentations,
• managing and reviewing filing and office systems,
• sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment,
• managing ad hoc projects
• keeping a database of Councillor workload of Residents’ issues & follow up of ongoing cases
• political literature & electronic communications,
• liaising with & developing local supporters/deliverers,
• arranging meetings & liaising with local & national individuals, groups & bodies.
• Competent IT skills, including Microsoft Office at least to intermediate level
• A good knowledge of media & electronic communications is desirable.
• accurate typing, at adequate speed (60 to 120 wpm)
• A good understanding of local government and politics
Closing Date: 1 February 2022
We will be in touch promptly regarding interview times, may hire before this.
Send a covering letter and CV clearly outlining your suitability for the role against the person specification and job description, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org