Date Added: 21 December 2021
: 15 January 2022
Job Title: Government and External Relations Adviser
Working For: Environment Agency
Location: London, National
Salary: £36,389, plus London Weighting if applicable
Length of Contract: 12 Months, Fixed Term - there is potential for the role to become permanent.
In this role you will protect and enhance the Environment Agency's reputation by working flexibly within the Government and External Relations team to help shape how we engage government and stakeholders.
You will support the Environment Agency and its senior leaders to deliver effective engagement with political stakeholders and external organisations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing briefings for government ministers, ensuring that these are of consistently high quality.
- Co-ordinating briefings for our Chair, Chief Executive and Executive Leadership Team where they are due to meet MPs, Ministers and key stakeholders.
- Leading an organisation-wide community of practice (Political Engagement Group) for people who work in engagement with MPs, government and our stakeholders.
- Helping deliver impactful engagement with key external stakeholders. This will include:
Planning, identifying and helping to deliver engagement opportunities for senior leaders;
Stakeholder mapping for upcoming corporate announcements;
Maintaining team products, including a forward look of engagement opportunities and stakeholder list;
Monitoring stakeholder activity where this relates to the EA or our work and sharing this information with the business.
- Assisting the team with other responsibilities as and when required.
If this sounds the like the role for you full details of the experience and skills we are looking for are available on the EA Jobs website - https://environmentagencyjobs.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/20613-Government-and-External-Relations-Adviser-20613/en-GB
Closing Date: 15 January 2022
We will be conducting interviews shortly after the closing date.
Applicants will be required to provide their work history and demonstrate their skills and experience through 3 capability based questions.
You can apply online here: https://environmentagencyjobs.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/20613-Government-and-External-Relations-Adviser-20613/en-GB