Date Added: 22 December 2021
: 17 January 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Nigel Mills MP (Amber Valley)
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Salary: According to IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent, subject to probation period
Nigel Mills MP is looking to recruit a Caseworker to join his constituency office team based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
The ideal candidate will be bright, enthusiastic, keen to help people and have an interest in politics. They should have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as good IT skills. They should also have common sense, sound judgement, excellent organisational skills, and the ability to use their initiative. The position will suit a dynamic individual with a good sense of humour.
Some of the duties required include:
• Providing information and advice to constituents on a wide range of issues
• Organising and attending constituency surgeries with the MP
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and others to assist constituents
• Monitoring constituency issues
• Providing briefings on complex cases and local issues
• Ensure cases are logged, progress is monitored, and all identified actions are taken
• Ensuring all records and data are managed confidential and in line with current data protection legislation
Desirable knowledge and experience:
• Previous experience working for an MP / local government or a background in customer service
• Relevant experience of advising on subjects such as housing, welfare benefits or immigration issues or community advocacy/legal work would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the Amber Valley Constituency and local demographics.
The role could either suit somebody with previous experience or someone looking for a first role in this area.
• Extremely organised and able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines given
• Able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential manner
• Competent use of IT including proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Outlook and the internet
• Able to deal with high volumes of correspondence and other workloads
• Experience of working and dealing with the public and confident at speaking to people at all levels
• Awareness and understanding of current political issues and how Parliament works
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2022
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 17th January 2022 in the Ripley Constituency Office.
Please send a CV and covering letter via email to Nigel Mills MP (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions about the role please contact us on this email address or call us on 01773 744 341.