Date Added: 22 December 2021
: 17 January 2022
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker (Part Time)
Working For: Nusrat Ghani MP (Wealden)
Location: Crowborough constituency office
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales, Part-time 2-3 days a week, depending on candidate
Length of Contract: Permanent
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries from members of the public by telephone, email, or letter
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Escalate complex cases or important developments in any case to the Office Manager/Senior Caseworker and MP (where appropriate)
- Assist with booking constituents into surgeries with the MP and follow up as appropriate
- Assist the team with other administrative tasks where needed, such as recording constituent correspondence or survey responses.
- Represent the MP using written communication, operating with the highest level of professionalism, sensitivity and discretion at all times
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and skills:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Experience of a busy customer service or public facing environment
• Posses outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently, self-motivated and disciplined
• Competent with IT systems, including word and excel. (Training will be provided for caseworker database)
• A keen interest in local politics and current affairs
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• Local knowledge of Wealden
The successful candidate will report to Nusrat's experienced constituency-based Office Manager/Senior Caseworker, and the appointment will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Due to the requirement for confidentiality and close collaboration with Nusrat and other members of her local team, this role is not considered suitable for regular home working (outside of any government guidance).
This part time role is advertised for 2-3 days a week, which is expected to be 16-26 hours a week, to be agreed upon appointment with the right candidate. The precise days and hours of work can be mutually agreed and there may be some ongoing flexibility for the role, once appointed.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2022
Interviews to commence as soon as possible, we may appoint prior to the closing date.
Interviews may be conducted remotely, if appropriate.
Start date to be sometime in January or February.
Please send a one-page cover letter and a full CV to: email@example.com with the subject line: Constituency Caseworker Application.
Please also direct any enquiries regarding this position to Alison by email - firstname.lastname@example.org