Date Added: 24 December 2021
: 24 January 2022
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Liz Truss (South West Norfolk)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Liz is looking to hire a Constituency Assistant, for her busy constituency office in Thetford. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have excellent attention to detail.
Working as part of a close team, the successful candidate will be supporting Liz in her work with local residents across the constituency of South West Norfolk.
The role includes:
• Dealing with large numbers of standard queries from members of the public by telephone, email, or letter
• Drafting of letters and correspondence providing information, advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues
• Dealing with Government agencies, local councils and other organisations
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Attending constituency events
• Engage with local media organisations
• Represent the MP using written communication, operating with the highest level of professionalism, sensitivity and discretion at all times
• Other administrative duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Strong written and communication skills, good telephone manner
• Experience / understanding of constituency and local issues
• Experience / ability to work under pressure / time constraints in a fast-paced customer-facing environment
• Competent with IT systems, including word and excel. (Training will be provided for caseworker database)
• Team player with a flexible approach; enthusiastic and reliable
• Full driving license and personal transport
• Be sympathetic to the aims of the Conservative Party.
The successful candidate will report to an existing, London-based experienced member of Liz's team and the appointment will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
We reserve the right to close applications early, if required. Interviews will be conducted following the closing date for applications. Start date to be as soon as possible following selection process. Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Gregt.email@example.com
All applicants should send their CV with a covering letter by email to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org