Date Added: 24 December 2021
: 21 January 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Helen Morgan MP (North Shropshire)
Location: North Shropshire
Salary: £21,529 to £32,022 based on experience.
Length of Contract: 12 months
An organised, highly efficient individual with excellent written communication skills is sought for the role of Caseworker to Helen Morgan MP.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent written English skills
- Be able to draft and produce a high volume of quality Casework responses under time pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be competent in use of IT and adaptable to using new systems including Caseworker MP
- Be a strong communicator and able to empathise with others
Understanding of the North Shropshire area is desirable.
- Drafting correspondence on a variety of subjects through research
- Dealing with queries from members of the public by phone or in person, and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues, through liaison with Government agencies, the local Council and wider partnership network
- Keeping accurate records, in line with Data Protection principles
- Undertaking general office and administration tasks
- Supporting the MP at constituency surgeries
The role is on a temporary basis for 12 months with opportunity for the role to become permanent, offering development opportunities. The role is advertised as full-time, although flexible working would also be considered. The position will be based within a lively and dynamic team in Helen’s constituency office and partial home working may be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 January 2022
Please submit applications by 4pm.
Virtual interviews will be held, due to current restrictions. Applicants selected for Interview will be required to complete a task prior to being interviewed.
Start date will be immediate, subject to vetting.
To apply please email your CV (maximum 2 pages) and covering letter (1 page) to:
Helen.Morgan.firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you would be suitable for this position.
6/1/22: Date extended to 21 Jan, Salary amended to £21,529 to £32,022 based on experience.