Date Added: 29 December 2021
: 31 January 2022
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Dr Ben Spencer MP (Runnymede and Weybridge)
Location: Runnymede and Weybridge
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: 6 months
Dr Ben Spencer is looking for a Constituency Support Officer for an initial 6 month full time contract.
• Manage and progress personal casework appropriately
• Deal with a large number of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, or face to face
• Assist surgeries and constituency meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and others to assist constituents
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Manage a campaign
• Undertake some project work where required
• Additional duties to support the wider team as required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Positive and proactive approach to work, and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of policy or casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
• Familiarity with Caseworker system an advantage
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
Dr Ben Spencer will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis with a possible start date in January 2022, subject to security clearance. We reserve the right to appoint a candidate before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org