Date Added: 31 December 2021
: 26 January 2022
Job Title: Social Media & Community Engagement Officer
Working For: Inspiring Girls International
Charity Number: 1171779
Salary: £225 per day / 1-day per week
Length of Contract: 12 months (with a view to extend)
Are you the experienced self-starter we are looking for to be the ‘voice’ of Inspiring Girls International on our digital platforms?
Over the course of the highly successful #ThisLittleGirlIsMe digital campaign run by Inspiring Girls in the lead up to International Day of the Girl 2021, our social media following grew exponentially. We are now looking for a strong communicator who can dynamically engage with our digital audiences to support continued growth and help join the dots with potential new connections interested in practical campaign partnerships/collaboration. This individual will work mainly in collaboration with our Projects and Communications Manager on creative content and social media strategy. This role has a basic working requirement of 1-day per week with potential for increased hours over busy periods, e.g. for special events or key dates in the calendar such as International Women’s Day and International Day of the Girl.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to generating, editing, publishing, and sharing content on all Inspiring Girls social media channels.
- Assist the management of content, keeping the team’s output calendar up to date, scheduling content in our social media management tool and importing assets to platforms.
- Support in the continued growth of our social media channels and audiences.
- Monitor interactions across Inspiring Girls social media and proactively engaging with supporters to ensure positive experience.
- Assist with the creation of digital assets, such as videos and images, including engaging graphics to bring our brand and campaign messaging to life.
- Be a confident and proficient communicator, able to develop an appropriate style to speak to our various audiences, including around complex or sensitive issues. Able to communicate sensitively on several issues in a timely manner.
- Experience of using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn management tools
- Experience of community engagement on social media
- Experience using a social media management tool
- Comfortable working independently within a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of managing a YouTube channel
- Experience of working with Squarespace
- Competent in spoken and written Spanish, French and/or other languages
Closing Date: 26 January 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis as we are keen to find someone for this key digital role as early as possible in the new year. As such, we may contact stand out applicants ad hoc over the coming weeks to discuss further.
Please upload your CV and cover letter for the role via our website's hiring page: https://inspiring-girls.com/work-with-us
All applicants will be contacted by 28 January at the latest.