Date Added: 3 January 2022
: 16 January 2022
Job Title: Senior Events and Communications Officer
Working For: CEFTUS
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Length of Contract: 1 year
CEFTUS is not for profit organisation working on various campaigns and projects. More information about some of our work can be obtained via www.ceftus.org.
- manage the events diary and planning.
- manage and organise the organisations and its projects email inbox and respond
- horizon-scan, anticipating what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
- maintain and utilise knowledge of relevant legislation, including impact on our work
deal with complex queries from partners, stakeholders
- prepare and present results for the purposes of briefing notes for partners and stakeholders, parliamentary questions and debates
- draft speeches, questions, editorials and press releases
- draft social media posts, including video editing, for social our social media channells
- respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from partners, stakeholders, the media and campaign organisations
- supervise projects and staff as required
- engage with internal and external stakeholders, attending meetings as appropriate
- support general admin
The right person must:
- as this is a senior role, have at least 1 or more years' experience working for a campaign/think tank or in a political role
- have sharp and astute political judgement
- have strong written and verbal communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail
- be confident in identifying opportunities in Parliament andin Media for Directors to raise the issues we are campaigning on
- have a good understanding of the issues that CEFTUS and sister organisations cares about
- have experience of proactively and reactively dealing with local and national media
- be highly confident running an office independently, show initiative and work well as part of a wider team, demonstrating a positive and flexible attitude
Closing Date: 16 January 2022
Closing Date: 16th JAN 2022
in person interview on 18th or 19th January. If successful, second interview on 20th January.
there will be a written task for submission by 9am on 21st January.
Closing time will be 12noon.
If you’d like to join a wonderful organisation, please apply. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you have any questions, please get in contact before applying.
Please send a cover letter and a 2-side CV to email@example.com with the subject 'SENIOR EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER -