Date Added: 4 January 2022
: 21 January 2022
Job Title: Part-time Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP (East Yorkshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
A vacancy has arisen in the office of the Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP for an experienced caseworker to assist the office manager with a large volume of incoming emails, letters and telephone calls.
The hours are flexible, but ideally 2-3 days a week. Working from home will be considered.
We are looking for an individual with tact and common sense who is keen to help people with a wide variety of issues. The candidate should be able to deal with constituents with a sympathetic manner, use their initiative and have excellent organisational skills.
Previous experience of Caseworker would be ideal, but training will be given. Duties will include, but are not limited to:-
- Answering and logging constituency emails and enquiries and following up as necessary
- Drafting letters and correspondence providing information, advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues
- Managing own caseload and progress of casework
- Answering and logging campaign emails
- Liaising with local government departments, Ministers, government agencies and others as appropriate
- Ensuring compliance with confidentiality and data protection legislation at all times
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of working in an MP's office is preferred
- Highly organised with good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of advising on welfare benefits, housing, health services and community issues
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential and emphatic manner
- IT proficient using Microsoft Office and Caseworker
- Be able to deal and speak with people at all levels
- By sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 January 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Please submit CV, together with a covering letter, no more than one page long to: firstname.lastname@example.org