Date Added: 4 January 2022
: 24 January 2022
Job Title: Administrator / Senior Administrator / Office Manager / Chief of Staff
Working For: Rupa Huq MP (Ealing Central and Acton)
Salary: In-line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent subject to probation
Rupa Huq MP is looking to recruit a full-time Administrator / Senior Administrator/ Office Manager / Chief of Staff (dependent on experience) to join her team working for her constituents in Ealing Central and Acton.
The successful candidate will help run the MP’s busy Parliamentary Office, providing high quality, efficient and effective support.
Experience of working for an MP is desirable but not essential and opportunities to develop skills in post will be supported. The specific job title for the successful candidate will depend on the candidate's skill set.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Establish, identify, and maintain working relationships with local stakeholders, businesses, and community groups in the constituency.
• Oversight of constituency projects and local issues.
• Diary management and organisation of constituency events.
• General administrative tasks, including those related to IPSA and staff contracts.
• Assist the MP’s Caseworkers with progressing casework from constituents.
• Prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
• Triage incoming correspondence: monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
• Assist the MP with other duties as required.
• Good at engaging with people and working alongside an established team.
• An all-rounder and a self-starter, able to organise independently, manage own workload, and happy to muck in with other tasks when required
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
• Knowledge of current affairs and British politics.
• Knowledge of the Ealing Central and Acton constituency.
• Experience of processing casework.
• Administration experience in accounting/budget/contracts.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Start date would be as soon as possible.
Rupa envisages that interviews will take place during the first week of February.
Please send a one-page covering letter, a two-page CV, and a 300-word statement on the local and national issues that Rupa should focus on in the forthcoming six months to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION: [Your Name]
Please note that it will not be possible to acknowledge every application submitted. There will be a short-written task to submit prior to the interview.
Applications close at 6pm on Monday 24 January 2022.