Date Added: 4 January 2022
: 18 January 2022
Job Title: Internship
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Salary: Real London Living Wage (£10.55ph)
Length of Contract: Internship
Blackstock is London’s leading strategic consultancy and property PR agency known for being creative, provocative, rigorous and highly effective securing media coverage or creating high impact reports looking into emerging policy and technology trends. We want someone energetic who is committed, outgoing with great written English and a proven interest in journalism and the media. We work with major institutions, FTSE-listed companies and high growth businesses and our clients include household name insurers, estates, and some of Europe’s hottest tech VC investors.
Uniquely, Blackstock produces podcasts in-house and regularly provides analysis on TV and radio (viewable on our YouTube page). We work at the highest level and our original award-winning reports are widely cited and considered in Government. You don’t need to have property experience, but you do need to have meticulous English and be confident dealing with people at all levels. We typically offer permanent roles to high-performing interns and should you join us permanently we promise a competitive benefits package.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake basic market research to support a story and provide context
- Actively participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Dissect a news story, explain what makes it interesting & its market context or impact
- Keep pace of the news agenda
- Demonstrate core writing skills across press releases, op-eds, blogs and comments
- Demonstrate a good understanding of current affairs and issues related to cities
Candidates must demonstrate:
- First-class writing abilities and professional spoken English
- Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
- Willingness to help on administrative tasks when required
- An ability to be responsive and adaptable to feedback
- A positive attitude
- Commitment, passion and enthusiasm in all activities
Closing Date: 18 January 2022
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible. We may appoint before the closing date. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter explaining how you meet our criteria and a non-academic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only respond to successful applicants.