Date Added: 5 January 2022
: 18 January 2022
Job Title: Organiser
Working For: Hammersmith Labour Party
Length of Contract: 6 months
The Organiser is responsible for organising campaigns for the Hammersmith Labour Party. They work with Party Officers and Labour Councillors to deliver the Party’s campaign strategy. During the period of the fixed term contract the primary focus of the organiser’s work will be supporting the Hammersmith and Fulham Labour campaign for the May 2022 Council Election. This will include working with the Chelsea and Fulham Labour Party and its members within the borough.
The successful candidate will have the necessary experience, knowledge, skills and aptitudes to undertake all of the following tasks:
• Organise regular canvass activities and build a strong ground campaign;
• Use the latest technologies to contribute to a successful campaign;
• Compile and maintain databases and conduct data analysis using the Party’s in-house software;
• Build up membership and supporter groups in line with the Party's aims and objectives;
• Organise and manage fundraising for the Labour Party and its campaigns;
• Motivate and organise Labour members and supporters in preparation for Council and General Election campaigns;
• Develop communications systems with branches, members and other units of the party and affiliated organisations in Hammersmith to promote Labour's achievements and Party activities;
• Organise training on campaigning techniques, voter ID (doorstep and telephone), registration and postal votes;
• Liaise with the Local Campaign Forum on all local government matters, including the party policy and constitution in relation to local government;
• Produce newsletters and campaign material;
• Build relationships between CLPs to facilitate joint working;
• Work with prospective Council candidates, and with Councillors, MPs and MEPs;
• Be familiar with, and adhere to, the relevant legislation and rules for conduct of elections and election campaigns; and
• Act as agent for election candidates.
As the successful candidate will be given high levels of responsibility, they should be able to demonstrate trustworthiness and the ability to manage different types of work, motivate a wide variety of people and deliver results to tight deadlines. They will be expected to operate on a flexible basis and undertake such tasks as shall, from time to time, be determined by Hammersmith Labour.
Closing Date: 18 January 2022
Interviews will be held during the afternoon of Wednesday 20 January 2022
Start date ASAP.
Please send your CV, which should detail your relevant campaign and organising experience (e.g. in the Labour Party or a non-political organisation or charity), and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 stating why you should be considered for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.