Date Added: 5 January 2022
: 2 February 2022
Job Title: Senior Policy Researcher
Working For: New Local
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
New Local is a think tank and network working to transform public services and empower communities. We publish research on some of today’s most pressing issues - like housing, welfare and health - informed by our network of 60-plus local authorities.
We are looking for a Senior Policy Researcher who shares our values and our passion for practical and policy change. The role will work closely with colleagues responsible for practice, communications, events and our network of innovative councils. The role will work collaboratively across the organisation and will also work on practice projects as our research team works across both research and practice projects to ensure both areas complement each other.
Location: We operate a highly flexible approach to work location and welcome applications from across the UK.
Key tasks / responsibilities:
- Producing excellent, impactful research contributing to our flagship research programme, which focusses on developing and embedding community power in policy and practice.
- Conducting a range of research and related activity including literature and policy reviews, interviews, surveys and other background research to support high-quality analysis.
- Writing a range of engaging written materials including research reports, policy briefings, blogs and press articles.
- Working on projects across the organisation including in our developing area of practice, which deploys teams including researchers to understand and support public sector organisations to implement practical actions to become more community powered.
- Representing the organisation externally at events and by presenting research to a range of stakeholders, including central government, the public sector, local government and the wider public policy community.
- Producing written materials for our membership network including briefings, case studies and email updates.
- Supporting our role as a network convenor, which includes facilitating workshops and other ad hoc activity to support peer learning and practice sharing.
- Actively contributing to our communications, campaigns and policy influencing work.
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders relevant to the policy work of New Local.
- Contributing to developing and funding research project proposals.
Closing Date: 2 February 2022
Closing time: 09.00am.
Interviews will be held the w/c 14 February 2022.
Start date: As soon as possible after acceptance of job offer.
Please see the New Local website for further details on the role and to download the full job description and person specification.
Full details on how to apply, can also be found by visiting the New Local website: https://www.newlocal.org.uk/jobs/
Please note only successful applicants will be acknowledged after the closing date.