Date Added: 5 January 2022
: 25 January 2022
Job Title: Group Manager, Parliament and Government Affairs
Working For: Information Commissioner's Office
Salary: Expected starting salary is £49,549, a salary up to £56,129 may be available for an exceptional candidate, plus pension and excellent
Length of Contract: Temp position for 6 months, thereafter you have the opportunity to move into similar policy role within the ICO
Do you care about privacy and transparency?
Are you interested in regulation of data and digital technology?
Do you have experience in Parliament, Government or public affairs?
There has never been a more important or exciting time in data protection. The ICO is at the heart of so many issues of national importance from how our information is used to in the pandemic response to increased surveillance of the public as we go about our everyday lives. These are exciting and challenging times for information rights.
We have a crucial Group Manager role in the Parliament and Government Affairs department to be involved in shaping the ICO’s response to the digital policy challenges of the 21st century.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring that the ICO is influential with law and policy makers in Whitehall and Westminster and others who are important to the ICO interests such as civil society.
- Leading engagement with key stakeholders to ensure they live up to their compliance obligations and the ICO is influential as they develop their business and public policy objectives.
- Participating on behalf of the Commissioner/ICO at meetings and events and taking part in media activity where senior representation is required.
- Please see the full job description for further details including the skills, knowledge and experience we are seeking from applicants to fulfil this role.
Why work for us?
We are proud to provide our people with a premium benefits package. We are continually improving the rewards we offer. Here are a few of the valuable rewards that you will enjoy:
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave.
- Civil Service Pension arrangements.
- 25 days' paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days.
- Extra "privilege" days in addition to normal public holidays.
Please note if you are appointed to work with the ICO you will be required to complete security clearance processes. These include identity and qualification checks and a Basic Disclosure level check of unspent criminal convictions.
Closing Date: 25 January 2022
Closing Date: 23:59, Tuesday 25th January 2022
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams during week commencing 7 February 2022
Please visit our website to complete our online application form.
All candidates will be emailed via Vacancy Filler to advise if they have been shortlisted for interview or not, please ensure you check your junk mailbox.