Date Added: 6 January 2022
: 19 January 2022
Job Title: Researchers and Senior Researchers
Working For: Onward
Salary: £27,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Onward is hiring exceptional candidates to join our team as Researchers and Senior Researchers. Successful applicants will become an integral part of our research team, working primarily on one of three research programmes: Getting to Zero, Levelling Up or our new programme focused on making the UK a Science Superpower.
Applicants should have experience writing high quality research, for example in academia, the civil service or the private sector, and have exceptional data analysis and drafting skills. They must also be comfortable engaging with and contributing to public policy debates, including through the media, policy events and meetings with MPs and civil servants.
You would be joining Onward at an important time for the organisation. Having launched three years ago, we have quickly established a reputation for rigorous research that gets traction not only in newspapers but also in policy. We pride ourselves on developing policy ideas that are timely, practical to deliver and politically possible. In the next year, we are hiring additional staff members to grow our impact both in Westminster and around the country, working with local leaders and businesses.
- Contribute to a high quality research programme, including analysis, drafting, editing, and developing practical, ambitious policy ideas.
- Conduct novel and rigorous data analysis, including polling analysis and economic modelling, using Stata and other tools.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the highest levels of government, the media, industry and among the policy community.
- Fundraise for ongoing research, including through sponsored events and philanthropic fundraising from individual donors and grant foundations.
- Plan and deliver Onward events, including roundtables, panels, and policy workshops.
- Produce regular articles for newspapers, websites and other outlets.
Closing Date: 19 January 2022
We will hold interviews in the week commencing 24 January.
Start date as soon as possible.
To apply for these roles, please send your CV, a short cover letter and any relevant published research to firstname.lastname@example.org