Date Added: 6 January 2022
: 28 February 2022
Job Title: Part-Time Caseworker
Working For: Andrew Griffith MP (Arundel & South Downs)
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £10,765 per annum (5 days per week - 4 hours per day, Full Time equivalent of a £21,529 salary.)
Length of Contract: 12 month Fixed Term
Andrew Griffith MP is looking to recruit a part time Caseworker based in his constituency office to start early in 2022.
Expected hours will be 9.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday making this an ideal role to combine with childcare, study or caring responsibilities. You will be entitled in the first year to 20 days paid leave.
The ideal candidate will be well organised, patient and enjoy working with a wide variety of people. May suit someone with previous experience in a customer-facing role who now seeks the ability to combine interesting and varied work with flexibile hours. Previous employment working for an MP is not expected and experience of life or a willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn is more valuable.
Key responsibilities include:
• Helping Andrew to manage and progress a portfolio of (often complex) casework for his constituents effectively.
• Dealing with sensitive queries from members of the public taking the appropriate initial action to resolve or escalate their concerns as appropriate.
• Liaising with local and national government agencies, the voluntary sector, healthcare organisations and others such as local councils or social landlords to help resolve issues that constituents face.
• Ensure that all cases are logged methodically with any actions taken and outstanding queries followed up on a timely basis.
• Adhering to the highest standards of integrity, Data Protection Act principles and respecting data confidentiality at all times.
Required skills and attributes:
• Highly organised.
• Excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications.
• Good telephone manner.
• The ability to work in a sensitive and confidential way at all times.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software and a willingness to pick up skills using new software when required.
• An ability to take the initiative and work independently & proactively to manage competing deadlines.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
You will report to Andrew’s experienced constituency-based Senior Parliamentary Assistant and the appointment will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Due to the requirement for confidentiality and close collaboration with Andrew and other team members this role is not suitable for regular home working.
Closing Date: 28 February 2022
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
There will be a simple writing exercise prior to the final interview.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a one-page cover letter to Michelle Taylor (Senior Constituency Assistant) at email@example.com
Please include ‘Constituency Caseworker’ in the subject line.
Please note that due to the large number of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. Generic applications which do not appear to have read the brief (for example around location or hours) will not be acknowledged.