Date Added: 6 January 2022
: 18 January 2022
Job Title: Research Consultant / Senior Research Consultant
Working For: EUK Consulting
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Successful candidates will work for our London office as part of a small team of researchers, who are responsible for compiling and analysing information on a variety of regulatory policy topics (UK & worldwide), ready for distribution to senior staff and clients. Post holders will work with EUK senior staff, who use the material prepared by the team to advise clients on regulatory strategies. Candidates must be able to work from our London Office once Government work from home guidance is changed.
Those applying for the Research Consultant position should have minimum 2 years’ experience in public affairs, policy development, political research, or similar. Those applying for the Senior position should have 3 years or more experience.
Additionally, candidates should have:
- Experience of preparing briefings/policy papers on complex issues
- High standard of written English and presentation skills
- Demonstrable attention to detail and confidence with scientific or economic issues
- Commercial awareness/understanding of how policy developments can impact clients
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative processes in the UK or abroad
- Enthusiasm to take on challenging work and experience of working to deadlines
- Experience with data visualisation software would be an advantage
- Please indicate any foreign language skills, including ability level. These are not a pre-requisite but may be an advantage
- A strong academic record – please include A-Level results (or equivalent) onwards
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Detailed tracking of specific regulatory issues, their analysis and interpretation
- Briefing senior staff with regular and succinct updates
- Monitoring output from national governments and multi-national organisations
- Preparation of regular reports and other outputs for distribution to clients
- Handling ad-hoc research requests under the direction of senior staff
For the senior position, candidates will have the following additional responsibilities (please provide examples of similar experience in your application):
- Quality control of reports and other output produced by team members
- Leading on compiling designated regular reports
- Leading ad hoc research, under direction of senior staff, and co-ordinating contributions from team members
- Representing the company externally
Closing Date: 18 January 2022
Interviews will be arranged to take place shortly after the closing date, with a start date as soon as possible.
Applicants must visit our website to learn more about us and our clients before applying.
To apply please send a 1-2 page CV specifying which job you are applying for, and including names of two referees (to be contacted only in the event of an offer being made) together with a 1 page covering letter addressed to Joe Wright at email@example.com
We regret that, due to the high number of applications received, we will not be able to acknowledge unsuccessful applications.