Date Added: 7 January 2022
: 21 January 2022
Job Title: Campaigns Communications Lead (x1) & Research Policy Specialist (x1)
Working For: Brake, the road safety charity
Length of Contract: Permanent
Campaigns Communications Lead
We are partnering with Brake, the national charity campaigning for safe and sustainable use of roads and delivering the National Road Victim Service, caring for thousands of bereaved and catastrophically injured road victims. This opportunity will enable you to frame and work on national, impactful, campaigns that prevent a leading cause of violent deaths, injuries, and climate destruction. The role has responsibility for achieving impactful coverage across national, regional and specialist media and leading our supporter communications, collaborating internally/externally with a range of stakeholders.
- Plan/deliver proactive and targeted national, regional and specialist news stories, reflective of strategic goals, campaigns, and plans.
- Respond fast to breaking news, accurately, ensuring Brake is the ‘go to’ commentator on releavnt topics.
- Develop, and seek out constructive relationships, including with journalists and many other stakeholders including road victims, emergency services, celebrities, MPs, and Government activities to promote road safety.
- Lead our Supporter Communications.
Research and Policy Specialist
Working directly with the chief executive, this applied, fast-paced role is responsible for developing evidence-based positions, producing wide-ranging tools that communicate these positions internally and externally to reach the charity’s life-saving goals.
- Proactively identify priorities and plans for evidence gathering and content production that will enable charity goals.
- Gather findings through; research horizon scanning, conducting targeted literature reviews, liaising with academics and practitioners, FOIs, analysing statistics, and consulting stakeholders in committees/roundtables, at national/international Government/non-government levels.
- Draft content, including reports, briefings, funding proposals, grant aider reports, conference programmes, presentations, and a range of other public-facing content for different audiences, including politicians, civil servants, grant-givers, supporters.
- Draft responses, to government consultations, Select-Committees, media queries.
- Propose research-based news hooks for media communications.
- Undertake day-to-day government, funder and stakeholder liaison and public-affairs meetings alongside the chief executive and on your own.
Closing Date: 21 January 2022
Interviews will be booked in on a rolling basis, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested.
Please send your CV and covering letter (clearly stating which job you ar applying for) to email@example.com - please email Josh for the full JOB DESCRIPTION