Date Added: 7 January 2022
: 7 February 2022
Job Title: Head of Politics and Public Affairs
Working For: Save the Children
Salary: £45,900 - £54,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Save the Children has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, influential and experienced political operative to join us as Head of Politics and Public Affairs, a challenging and highly rewarding senior role, where you will lead and develop a team of strategic political experts to develop and deliver high-impact change strategies.
As the Head of Politics and Public Affairs, you will identify lobbying opportunities, enable colleagues and partners to exploit them fully using powerful evidence, trusted relationships, and innovative and creative tactics, and to build high-value relationships with key players across Westminster and Whitehall. Plus, you will manage political risk for the organisation and support senior leaders in having impact for children.
• Ability to think and plan strategically, with evidence of securing significant policy changes through the successful design and execution of lobbying strategies in the UK and in multilateral organisations
• Significant operational experience of UK political structures, processes and trends
• Holding a wide range of external contacts – covering special advisers, ministers, parliamentarians, senior civil servants and national media.
• Significant experience of executing integrated change strategies covering research, advocacy, policy rebuttal, public mobilisation, insight work and media planning
• Proven ability to set clear direction, effectively prioritise a large and complex workload, plan and implement influencing strategies, and manage varied expectations and deadlines.
• Experience of line managing, mentoring and supporting high-performing teams
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• A professional, flexible and highly organised approach to your work
• A firm commitment to Save the Children's mission, values and approach (includes child focus, equal opportunities)
Closing Date: 7 February 2022