Date Added: 7 January 2022
: 31 January 2022
Job Title: Account Manager, Public Affairs
Working For: Grayling
Salary: Highly competitive
Length of Contract: Permanent
Grayling is looking to recruit an Account Manager to join our award-winning public affairs practice, where you’ll be working on a number of flagship client accounts, including for some of the country’s most recognisable organisations (a full list of our clients can be found on the Public Affairs Board Register). Our client base covers a broad range of sectors including energy, construction, transport and technology. Grayling has a prestigious, long standing public affairs practice and we were proud to have won the Consultancy of the Year at the 2021 PRCA Awards.
- Account management of top public affairs accounts
- Acting as a day-to-day point of contact for clients
- Supporting Grayling’s senior team to provide strategic political guidance to our clients
- Attending and contributing to client meetings
- Drafting political briefing notes and parliamentary correspondence
- Managing the organisation of client events and parliamentary receptions
- Contributing to our departmental marketing strategy and set-piece Grayling events
- Playing an active role in pitching to secure new business opportunities
- Supporting junior team members in the delivery of their roles
- Candidates will ideally have previously worked in-house within a public affairs team and/or have agency experience.
- Strong understanding of politics, politicians and political processes
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver, with strong judgement
- Commercially aware and decisive
- Confident networker
- Supportive and motivational team player
- Ability to juggle changing priorities
- Experience and understanding of the energy sector is preferred but it is not essential
Our promises to you
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment (in a newly refurbished, creative work space)
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
We are looking for a candidate to start asap as such we may conduct interviews and appoint before the closing date for the right candidate, so we would encourage early applications.
If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage virtual interview with two of our team members.
If this sounds like a great opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter stating your interest in Public Affairs and why you would like to work at Grayling via this link (https://grayling.com/job-details/?gh_jid=3793682)
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.