Date Added: 11 January 2022
: 30 January 2022
Job Title: Research and Engagement Manager
Working For: The Crowd
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000
Length of Contract: Permanent/ Fixed term
The Crowd is a community for business leaders to share insights and experiences around how the big visions for a sustainable society translate into practical action.
Over the last 12 years, The Crowd has hosted 200+ events and brought together over 16,000 business leaders committed to sustainability and public leadership. We have welcomed high profile global leaders including Christiana Figueres (Former Executive Secretary of the UNFCCC), Kate Raworth (doughnut economics), Lord Deben (Chair, UK Climate Change Committee) Jonathon Porritt (Founder, Forum for the Future) and Henry Timms (co-author, New Power). Since 2018 The Crowd has been operated by Common Vision, an independent think tank specialising in deliberative dialogue and community listening.
The Research and Engagement Manager will play a vital role in conducting qualitative research and consultation with The Crowd's community of experts, via deliberative events and other knowledge-sharing activities. You will also have opportunities to contribute to Common Vision's other research and engagement activities.
- Research and programming: Desk research and market research to inform the programming of events and other community engagement activities
- Network engagement: Coordinating network-building activities in order to grow and maintain relationships with key professional stakeholders
- Communications: Producing engaging and accessible written content, newsletters and social media outputs
- Events management: Designing and executing a varied schedule of online and F2F events
- Fundraising: Leading fundraising bids and external engagement with partners, funders and wider stakeholders
- Project management and admin: Overseeing colleagues/ associates/ freelancers, and ensuring that timescales, budgets and quality standards are met by others
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in a role encompassing the majority of the responsibilities outlined above
- A keen interest in sustainability, corporate responsibility and ESG issues
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous learning, a creative and aspirational mindset and a keen eye for detail
- Strong professional skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Part time and flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Closing Date: 30 January 2022
Please send a CV and covering letter, setting out why you want to work for The Crowd and how your experience and personal qualities match the candidate specification, to email@example.com with the job title and 'W4MPjobs' in the email subject line.
17/01/22 - Closing date extended.