Date Added: 13 January 2022
: 11 February 2022
Job Title: Summer Intern Programme
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £20,111 per annum (pro rata) plus daily travel expenses 20 days holiday per annum (pro rata )
Length of Contract: 3 months
The UK Finance Summer Intern Programme is ideally suited to ambitious graduates or under graduates who are seeking to pursue a career in corporate affairs or policy and who have a strong interest in financial services. The programme offers two to four months of paid work experience between June and September 2022 with one of our policy teams. Working alongside our experienced colleagues, the programme will provide you with the opportunity to gain valuable career enhancing work experience, whilst learning new skills in a supportive environment.
Each of our policy teams has a different focus so your responsibilities will vary depending on which policy team you are working in. If you join our Personal Finance team for example you could be supporting the team as they lead and formulate card payments and consumer credit industry policy matters. In Capital Markets it is all about supporting the team with the development of our policy positions on member priorities including global market fragmentation, Brexit, and sustainable finance. If digital, technology and cyber is more your thing then you could be working with the team as they navigate what are often cutting edge or developing issues without precedent in the fields of artificial Intelligence, the development of a data sharing economy, data ethics, and cyber security and resilience.
Typical work that you could be involved in will include:
• collaborating with other policy teams and membership functions in order to understand our members interests and priorities.
• attending internal and external meetings including working group meetings with members and external stakeholders.
• supporting policy leads with all policy initiatives including the provision of policy and research support.
• assisting with developing, writing and editing policy consultations, research papers and reports.
• monitoring and collating political and regulatory developments in the UK and internationally.
• producing high quality briefings and updates for our members.
Full job description can be found here - www.ukfinance.org.uk/careers/summer-intern-programme-2022-policy-roles
Closing Date: 11 February 2022
Interviews starting March 2022
Starting June till Septemebr 2022
If you are interested in applying for one of our roles, please send a short covering letter which references the position you are interested in, along with your CV to: email@example.com